In this second part of our conversation, (listen to the first part) David and I discuss his thoughts about current language and speech techniques in AI, his thoughts about the prospects of artificial general intelligence, the challenge of mapping the parts of linguistics onto the parts of neuroscience, the state of graduate training, and more.
- Visit David’s lab website at NYU.
- He’s also a director at Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics.
- Follow him on twitter: @davidpoeppel.
- Some of the papers we discuss or mention (lots more on his website):
- A good talk:
- Transformer model:
- How do Transformers Work in NLP? A Guide to the Latest State-of-the-Art Models.
- Attention Is All You Need.