Stefan and I discuss creativity and constraint in artificial and biological intelligence. We talk about his Asimov Institute and its goal of artificial creativity and constraint, different types and functions of creativity, the neuroscience of creativity and its relation to intelligence, how constraint is an essential factor in all creative processes, and how computational accounts of intelligence may need to be discarded to account for our unique creative abilities.
- The Asimov Institute.
- Get that Zoo of Networks poster we talk about! See preview below.
- His site at Utrecht University of Applied Sciences.
- Stefan’s personal website.
- Follow the Asimov Institute on twitter: @asimovinstitute .
- Stuff mentioned:
- Creativity and Constraint in Artificial Systems (Leijnen 2014 Dissertation).
- Incomplete Nature – Terrance Deacon’s long, challenging read with fascinating original ideas.
- Neither Ghost Nor Machine – Jeremy Sherman’s succinct, readable summary of some arguments in Incomplete Nature.